DIG DEEP


So here we are...MUG #1 - DIG DEEP

Many years ago, during a particularly difficult time of my life, my pastor said to me, "Tracey, when you come out on the other side of this trial you will be so much stronger." My very spiritual answer to him at the time was, "I was happy being weak".

But now, I'm on the other side...and I am stronger.

Years later I came upon another difficult time. My friends would tell me, "This is going to make you even stronger." I'm not sure what my response to them was, but it was probably along the lines of... "I don't care". (and they are still friends with me!)

Nobody willingly signs up for difficult times or heartache. I don't know anyone that has jumped up and down at the opportunity to grow through pain, but the sooner we embrace the concept, the sooner the healing can begin. God does not just want us to grow, He wants us to thrive! He wants us to be complete.

James Chapter 1 verses 1-4 (Amplified Version)
Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort, or fall into various temptations. Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience. But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.

Sometimes, in the wake of suffering or adversity, we are willing to settle for recovering just enough to go on. We underestimate the degree of recovery that we can have! God doesn't want you to just be ok with what you've gone through. He wants to use it. He wants you to be fully developed! Then, we can grab the hand of someone facing similar troubles and walk through it with them, encouraging them along the way.

But how do we get there? That's where the digging comes in. We have to reach down deep inside of us and discover what it is that holds us back. What past hurt we are harboring? What lies have we bought into that make us feel unworthy or not good enough? Is there someone we need to forgive? (whether they want to be forgiven or not!) Have we done something that we are ashamed of, and although we've received God's forgiveness, we haven't forgiven ourselves?

I know what my battles are and have been, but only you can answer the question...

What holds you back?

Let patience have it's perfect work so that you may be FULLY DEVELOPED!

Once we identify those things that have caused the most pain in our life we can identify the very things that will produce the most growth for us (and for others) if we allow them to.

The exciting news is that we are in the process of finalizing details of the PREMIERE of For the Girls International. It will be a conference in January of 2009. We look forward to an amazing time of learning how to grow and THRIVE together! We will be putting all the details on the blog under SCHEDULE as soon as we have everything firmed up.

NEXT MUG...GET REAL!

Lots of Love,

Cynda and Tracey

No comments: