God speaks in Pier 1!!

Just a quick update and then I'll explain the title...

We have had our paperwork ready to send to the IRS since a week ago. It's quite an involved application. We will be applying to be recognized as a 501 (c) 3 corporation. There is a significant fee for that application, so we have been holding off on sending it. Well, today we found out that, through the support of some wonderful people, the fee in total has been donated and we will be able to get it in the mail by Friday! It's so exciting to see people catching the vision for For the Girls International and we're doing a little victory dance for another step forward.

Now on to Pier 1... Let's just say, when God is looking for me... He knows where to find me! Did you ever have one of those moments when God completely caught you off guard and spoke to you through something seemingly insignificant? I had one of those moments back in May. We were preparing for our first Board of Directors meeting and Cynda and I had been meeting and talking about the vision that God was revealing to us. As we met and prayed, we would talk about some of the foundational elements of the ministry that God was birthing. We talked about how we wanted to go "deeper" with our faith. How we are only interested in what is "true" and "real" about the nature of God and what He requires of us. We would get excited about the "big" vision that He was giving us... sometimes it would seem so big that we would even get a little scared.

One day, while all this was going on, I took a little shopping break. One of my favorite things to do is wander in Pier 1. (It's one of my husband's least favorite things that I do) As I was shopping, I came across a display of four cute mugs. They were all hanging in a row and as I read them I felt something inside me leap. Everything we had been talking about came together and was outlined on those four mugs. Here is what the they said...




DIG DEEP...GET REAL...THINK BIG... and...DON'T PANIC

It may sound crazy, but stay with us here and I promise it will make sense. In the next few posts we are going to share the concepts behind these four foundation blocks of For the Girls International as we move forward with this vision.

Get ready to DIG DEEP!

Lots of Love,
Tracey and Cynda

P.S. Has God ever spoken to you in an unexpected way. Click on the comments below and tell us about it! We'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tracey I love those mugs.
I think what impresses me the most about your endeavor is that you are passionate but totally depending on God for his timing and his direction.

When our Widows ministry was coming together we were constantly in prayer for Gods hand because we knew that it wasn't our endeavor but His. But then when it wasn't growing as quickly as I liked He led me to Zechariah 4:10 "Who despises the day of small things? Men will rejoice when they see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. And the study notes explained: “Many of the older Jews were disheartened when they realized this temple would not match the size and splendor of the previous temple. But bigger and more beautiful is not always better. What you do for God may seem small & insufficient but God rejoices in what is right not big. Be faithful in small opportunities. Begin where you are, do what you can, and leave the results to God!
Sounds like you have a wonderful start. If you start to discourage I hope you will remember those words because I just know your ministry is going to be amazing big or small.
Can't wait to read more about what God is teaching you through the mugs.

Luanne